We have to include important fine print below, but here’s the short version:
- When you give us your contact information, we keep it very safe.
- Let’s keep in touch, but let us know if you ever tire of us.
- We promise to mind our manners, and we hope you’ll do the same.
- Please don’t steal our stuff, we won’t steal yours.
Your privacy is important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose, and make use of personal information.
What Information We Collect:
We collect personal information through web forms (Contact Us and Comments Submission) and emails submitted to the LightBox Collaborative, and third-party social media sites. Personal information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, employer, title, and similar information.
We also collect visitor information during your visit to this site and third-party social media sites. Visitor information may include location, IP address, browser details, and similar information.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
- By submitting information using our web forms or by contacting us via email, you grant the LightBox Collaborative permission to contact you.
- We use visitor information for optimizing and improving our website structure and content.
- After you submit information using our web forms, you may receive occasional emails from us updating you on the LightBox Collaborative. If you do not wish to hear from us, simply use the unsubscribe feature on these emails and/or contact us directly.
We are committed to conducting our business to ensure that the confidentiality of information is protected and maintained.
- We will retain information only as long as necessary.
- We will collect information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, or use.
- We will never sell or give your personal or visitor information to a third party without your permission.
If you do not agree with any of these terms or do not want to be bound by this agreement, please do not use or access this site. Your use of lightboxcollaborative.com indicates your acceptance of this agreement and any modification(s).
2. Trademark and Copyright
This entire website including design, words, graphics, software, code, and everything else, is copyright the LightBox Collaborative and its collaborators, clients, content, or technology providers. The trademarks, names, logos, and service marks (collectively “trademarks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the LightBox Collaborative. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of the LightBox Collaborative.
3. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials, images, or information on the LightBox Collaborative’s website for personal, non-commercial, non-political transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials, or create derivative works;
- use the materials for any commercial or political purpose, or for any public display;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software or code;
- solicit other users for commercial or political purposes, or harvest information;
- remove any copyright or proprietary notations; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials elsewhere.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the LightBox Collaborative at any time.
The materials on the LightBox Collaborative’s website are provided “as is.” The LightBox Collaborative makes no warranties, expressed or implied. Further, the LightBox Collaborative does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the LightBox Collaborative’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The LightBox Collaborative does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The LightBox Collaborative may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. The LightBox Collaborative does not make any commitment to update the materials.
6. External Links
Our website contains links to other sites (“external links”). When you click on one of these external links, you are entering another site for which LightBox Collaborative has no responsibility. The inclusion of any external link does not imply endorsement by LightBox Collaborative of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Conduct and Comments
You agree not to post Comments or otherwise make available Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates, or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available;
- that disrupts the normal flow of comments with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack), or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the site; or
- that employs misleading email addresses, forged headers, or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the site; or
- post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
The LightBox Collaborative does pre-screen and approve Comments. The LightBox Collaborative shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete, or move any Comments that are available via the website for any reason.
8. Limitations and Indemnification
In no event shall the LightBox Collaborative, its collaborators, or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the Content on the LightBox Collaborative’s website, even if the LightBox Collaborative or an authorized representative of the LightBox Collaborative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will the LightBox Collaborative be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, or otherwise made available via the website.
By using the site, users agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the LightBox Collaborative, its respective employees, and collaborators and assigns from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses that may arise from use of the website, and/or from user breach of these policies. The LightBox Collaborative reserves the right to participate in the investigation, settlement, and defense of any such action or claim. The LightBox Collaborative reserves the right to approve choice of counsel, and any potential settlement of such a claim.
10. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the LightBox Collaborative’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the LightBox Collaborative by sending us an email. Please reference “Privacy and Use Policy” in your subject line.