PEOPLE WE LIKE TO WORK WITH
In the spirit of collaboration, the LightBox Collaborative often partners with other consultants and firms to produce the best possible results for clients. Frequent partners include:
- Douglas Gould and Company – Helping progressive nonprofit organizations and foundations use the most effective communications tools to advance important causes.
- Full Court Press – A full-service agency assisting companies, foundations, and nonprofit organizations with public relations, public affairs, and crisis communications.
- Giant Rabbit – The talented team at this website design and development firm seamless weave smart communications into website implementation.
- Hershey|Cause – Harnesses the power of communications to shape the debate on important topics, raise much needed funds, and brand an organization in ways that generate double bottom line results.
- Mission Minded – A marketing communications consulting firm with a client list comprised exclusively of nonprofits and foundations with big things to accomplish.
- Quicksilver Foundry – Blending brand discipline and strategic planning, Quicksilver helps clients focus, align, and communicate for impact.
- Thaler Pekar and Partners – Helps you and your organization find, develop, and share the stories and organizational narratives that break through an increasingly complex marketplace and rally critical support.
IDEAS WE LIKE
These are smart folks publishing invaluable resources, which we are pleased to recommend:
- “The $100 Startup” by Chris Guillebeau – Through case studies of 50 profitable entrepreneurs, this book shows you how to lead a life of adventure and purpose — and earn a good living. Holly Minch and LightBox Collaborative are included among those profiled.
- Andy Goodman and The Goodman Center – Providing convenient online marketing communications workshops for nonprofits, Andy Goodman is a consummate storyteller and pro presenter. He can help you become one too!
- The Nonprofit Marketing Guide – Kivi Leroux Miller offers excellent tips and tools to jump start smart marketing efforts for your nonprofit organization.
- Nancy Schwartz – Nancy’s “Getting Attention” blog is a constant source of ideas, tactics, and tips for nonprofit communicators focused on helping their organizations succeed through effective marketing.
- Spitfire Strategies – A national consulting firm offering nonprofits and foundations top-notch strategic communications and campaign planning, and training. Spitfire publications—such as the Smart Chart, Activation Point, and Just Enough Planning Guide—are essential resources for nonprofit communications.
SMART WORK WE LIKE
In addition, there are a number of smart communications consultants whose work we admire and applaud:
- Big Duck NYC – Works exclusively with nonprofit organizations to transform the way they communicate.
- Big Thinks Studios – Provides advertising and design for social change. We admire their philosophy: “The best way to make the world a better place is to do what we’re good at: strategy, advertising, and graphic design.”
- Brotherton Strategies – A Seattle-based communications and public affairs consulting firm that provides politically informed, highly creative and media-savvy counsel to a broad mix of corporate, philanthropic, and nonprofit clients.
- Courage Corps – Built on the belief that we must collaborate in new ways and with new partners in order to create wide-scale, sustaining social change and to accelerate how quickly that happens.
- Design Action Collective – Serves the movement for social justice with multi-lingual print and web design capabilities, as well as interactive and “new media” services.
- Impact Rising – Provides toolkits, training, and other resources to nonprofits and social sector consultants to assess consultant fit and client readiness with a focus on raising the bar on the quality of capacity-building in the sector and growing impact.
- Neimand Collaborative – Supports social change through policy, politics, and consumerism.
- Your Message Media – Provides a full range of strategic communications services to nonprofit organizations.
EVENTS WE LIKE
There are a handful events where we are lucky enough to run into the smart, likable folks noted above. These include:
- CompassPoint’s Nonprofit Day – Focused on strengthening the management and leadership capacity of all nonprofit professionals, this annual event fosters inspiration and community alongside practical skills.
- SPIN Academy – Convenes activists from across the country for intensive communications training.
- The Communications Network Annual Conference – Gathers professional communicators in philanthropy to learn, share, and challenge each other toward more effective practices.
- The Nonprofit Technology Conference – Sponsored by the Nonprofit Technology Network, this annual event offers opportunity for connection and learning to transform technology into social change.
- True Spin Conference – Brings together flacks from progressive advocacy groups around the country to exchange ideas and learn new and creative PR tactics.
- World Domination Summit – An unconference that draws 1,000 unconventional people sharing a common interest in living a remarkable life in a conventional world.